Besan Sev | Crispy & Spicy Gram Flour Noodles
Looking for a spicy homemade snack to munch with tea? This Besan Sev recipe is a perfect choice for any occasion. And I must warn you, these are so addicting, that you could end up eating them all day. So, why wait? Let’s make it!
Begin by pouring hot oil (not boiling) on gram flour.
Carefully mix them well using ladle.
Add salt, red chilli powder, and carom seeds.
Mix well using both hands to avoid any lumps.
Now add water and knead a slightly sticky dough.
Fill the dough in a sev maker machine (also called murukku press)
Fry the noodles till golden brown.
Serve with hot tea.
Besan Sev : Watch the Video
- 1.5 kg gram flour (Besan)
- 70 ml oil, for kneading
- 3 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp carom seeds
- oil, for frying
- water, for kneading
- Pour hot oil (not boiling) on gram flour and mix well with ladle.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and carom seeds. Mix well using hands so that no lump remains there.
- Add water and knead it into a dough. The quantity of water should be such that the dough stick to your hands.
- Using sev maker machine, fry the noodles in oil till golden brown.
- Serve with hot tea.
The dough should be slightly sticky, this will make the sev soft on frying.
This recipe is for bulk yield, around 2.0-2.5 kg, so you need to adjust the quantity of ingredients accordingly.