Hari Mirch Ki Subzi | Fried Green Chilli Pepper
There are times when you’re bored of eating the same old stuff and want to try something new or sometimes in a hurry and want to prepare a quick, easy and tasty recipe for lunch or dinner. With only few ingredients, this fried green chilli subzi (Hari mirch ki subzi) is a perfect choice in that case. The perfect blend of spices, the hotness of chillies and the sourness of dry mango powder makes it a hot ‘n’ spicy dish. So, let’s cook!
Start by cutting green chillies in round using scissor.
Now heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, wait till they start spluttering.
Now, add green chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
Add all the dry spices and mix well.
Finally, add dry mango powder (amchur), mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
Serve hot with chapati. Enjoy!
Fried Green Chilli Pepper : Watch the Video
- 3-4 green Chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (for tempering)
- salt (to taste)
- First green chillies are washed and cut in medium round pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seed until splutter. Then the green chillies are added and fried for 1-2 minutes.
- After that all the spices are added and cooked for another 1-2 minutes.
- Hot and spicy green chillies are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Just remember, don't overcook the chillies otherwise it will become soggy and tasteless. It must remain crunchy.