Healthy Egg Sub Sandwich
I love sandwiches and I’m sure you also do. They’re easy to make super hunger busters. One thing that I love about them is that there are no “rules”, you can customize them as you want. You can choose your own fillings, cut into any shape, eat them at lunch, at evening tea, or whenever you like. So, today I decided to make one with the fillings that I normally choose. Also, instead of regular french loaf I chose garlic bread for a nice flavour and taste. If any of you end up making this, please make sure you let me know what you put on them. ENJOY!!
Cut bread in half and then split each half lengthwise.
Apply mayonnaise on base slices.
Begin filling sub by adding onion slices…
… and tomato slices.
Pour some tomato ketchup.
Season it with dry mixed herbs (oregano, basil, parsley, and thyme).
Top it up with cheese slices.
Serve cold and Enjoy!
Egg Sub Sandwich : Watch the Video
- 1 foot long(12 inch) bread loaf
- 1 boiled egg
- 10-15 slices of cucumber
- 7-10 slices of tomato
- 7-10 slices of onion
- 1 cheese slice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (low fat)
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Dry mixed herbs (Oregano, Parsley, Basil, Thyme), for seasoning
- First, cut the bread in half and then split each half lengthwise.
- Spread mayonnaise on each bottom slices.
- Now, start filling sub by adding slices of onions, cucumber, boiled egg and tomatoes.
- Pour tomato ketchup and season it with mixed herbs.
- Add cheese slices and put the other half of the bread on top of it. Serve cold.
I chose garlic bread loaf instead of regular french loaf for a nice flavour and taste. Also, you can add lettuce leaves if you want.